Friday, February 13, 2009

update

I'm having to post this from another computer as I've been without power at my house since the wind storm hit Wednesday:

With the rain & high winds earlier in the week, plans were set back for the chainsaw crews, but they are working now as I type this to finish the last mile or so of the trails. There was also a last minute (small) re-route on the Yost (Yellow) Trail on the 2nd loop yesterday to avoid a heavily damaged section of trail as it was easier to do so than to cut & remove all the trees. Don't be surprised if you encounter an obstacle in your path tomorrow, in fact, I'd be surprised if you didn't encounter something! Dangling limbs & branches & damaged tree tops left over from the ice storm have continued to fall on the trails. Even going back on the trails to mark the course, it felt at times like a clearing operation. Normally, the trails here are trimmed back fairly well. This year there will be branches & brush that extend into the trails at some locations, so be cautious for those at head/eye level!

May everyone have a SAFE & FUN race!

4 comments:

Paige said...

Hi Ed!! I just wanted to say thank you again for all your help with my car; I appreciate it more than I can say :) Tomorrow Pep Boys will take a look and let me know...hopefully it's not too bad! I will see you at McNaughton I'm sure :)

Have a great rest of the weekend!

~Paige

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great race. Are there results posted anywhere?

Tim

ed said...

Paige,

It was a pleasure to meet you -- sorry I wasn't a very good mechanic! I hope you made it back safely, AND without costing you an arm & a leg (you'll need those for McNaughton -- see you then!).


Tim,

Results have been posted at the Headfirst Performance website. Congrats on a great run!

Paige said...

It turned out that I needed my distributor replaced, and my spark plugs. All in all, I wasn't completely thrilled with the cost, but at least I had a great race and met some really amazing people this weekend :) My brother and I made it back late last night, safe and sound!

Next up: McNaughton; I will indeed see you there!

~Paige